Re: LibreOffice and NVDA

David,

           Just for the record, I have written to SoftMaker identifying the accessibility issues I've listed, so I'll definitely try to remember to post again if I get a response.

           I guess it's possible that object navigation might help, but I'm doubting it based on what I can see.  I can move around using the standard TAB/SHIFT+TAB conventions in the choose UI dialog, but nothing is spoken.

           LibreOffice is a great product.  The main reason I like SoftMaker Office is due to just how much its look and feel is like MS Office.  For those who don't want to buy MS-Office, but who still really would prefer to stick with MS-Office, this is as close as you can get without being there, particularly if you can see.  Since the ribbon interface does not work with NVDA, that means the look and feel will be slightly different going back to a menu driven interface, but some seem to want that anyway, and you can't get it in MS-Office.

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell