Re: shortcut keys

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 02:06 PM, Bob Cavanaugh wrote:
What NVDA and JAWS call combo boxes accessed with the command c, System Access calls drop-down lists, accessed with the
command d.
-
And what's even more annoying, at least to me, is that if any screen reader uses only one of those terms to cover both object types, then the distinction between a combo box (which allows you to type in the box itself, rather than having to drop down and select) and dropdown box (which doesn't, you must drop down and select) is lost.

True combo boxes seem to have fallen largely out of fashion, but they exist as a separate entity from a dropdown box, and vice versa.

I don't really care if a single shortcut is used for both, but the documentation should note that this means either a combo box or a dropdown box.  The NVDA Commands Quick Reference mentions combo boxes only.

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell