toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
On 12/12/2020 10:43 am, Oleksandr
If someone uses online dictionaries - I offer an updated version
of Quick Dictionary add-on :)
Many significant changes have been made to this release.
The biggest change is that the add-on's capabilities can now be
expanded by adding new online dictionaries and translation
Added dialog box for managing voice synthesizers profiles.
The full list of updates is listed below.
New dictionary service also supports Arabic, as it was previously
Changes in version 2.0:
* added the ability to connect other online dictionary services
(now supported Lexicala and Yandex);
* added Lexicala service and its settings panel (supports 50
languages) - https://www.lexicala.com/
* added a dialog for choosing an online service from the list of
* added a command to get information about the selected service;
* added a dialog for working with profiles of voice synthesizers
(supported operations Create/Change/Delete/Update/Save);
* implemented the procedure for switching to the previous voice
* implemented a parallel thread to monitor the state of the
synthesizer ((improved switching of synthesizers when voicing a
* due to an increase in the number of functions in the add-on -
help for commands is now displayed in a separate window;
* updated procedure for caching requests to online services;
* added add-on submenu to NVDA menu;
* updated ReadMe.
Please note that Lexicala Dictionaries only allows 300 free
inquiries per day.
Therefore, if you plan to use this service - please register your
You can download the updated version here:
Have a nice week-end!