Re: Silencing Reading of Numbers in NVDA

Tony Malykh

Just use a simple regular expression:

,\d+,

Or use negative lookahead and lookbehind to preserve the commas, something like:

(?<!,)\d+(?!,)

You can either do it via speech dictionary to remove them completely, or you can use my Phonetic Punctuation add-on to replace it with some short sound - so that you will at least be aware that there's a number there.

HTH

On 12/15/2020 9:33 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,

I use NVDA 2020.3 and would like to disable reporting of all digits.
The number could be of varying length and would be bounded on its left
and right by commas. This may come off as an odd request, but I
require this for a very specific usage case. I am guessing there is a
way to construct a speech dictionary entry to achieve this; if so, if
you could compose and share it, that would be massively helpful.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance with the above.

Thanks.