Re: Outlook 365: Issue with announcement of selected text while composing mail

Luke Robinett

Hi,
Just giving this a bump because it’s been several days and I still haven’t heard anything from this group nor the GitHub community. Has anybody tried re-creating my issue, and, if so, were you able to? Thanks again.

On Dec 13, 2020, at 2:46 PM, Luke Robinett via groups.io <blindgroupsluke@...> wrote:

Hi folks,

I created an issue for this several days ago on GitHub but haven’t heard back yet so thought I’d run it by the group in the meantime. When I’m composing a new email in Outlook 365, I get strange behavior when selecting text by word. What I mean is, if I hold down shift and control and then use the left and right cursor keys to select text by words, only every other highlighted word is spoken aloud. For example, if I was selecting the words in the following sentence, from left to right, “I hope everyone is well,” I would hear the following with each press of the right arrow key: I, silence, everyone, silence, well.

NVDA 220.3 on Win10 Home. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Luke