Re: Silencing Reading of Numbers in NVDA

Tony Malykh

AH, I meant to use positive lookahead and lookbehind, not the negative ones. My brain was not working very clearly last night apparently. In case you still need the fancy one, here is the correct one:

(?<=,)\d+(?=,)

On 12/15/2020 11:49 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear Tony,

Thanks a bunch! The second one didn't work unfortunately, but the
first one does, so I should be good to go. Thanks for suggesting the
Phonetic Punctuations add-on but I don't think that will be necessary
in my case. Is there a good resource where I can understand the syntax
of regular expressions? I would like to learn more about them in order
to be able to write them independently in the future.

Thanks.

On 12/15/20, Tony Malykh <anton.malykh@gmail.com> wrote:
Just use a simple regular expression:

,\d+,

Or use negative lookahead and lookbehind to preserve the commas,
something like:

(?<!,)\d+(?!,)

You can either do it via speech dictionary to remove them completely, or
you can use my Phonetic Punctuation add-on to replace it with some short
sound - so that you will at least be aware that there's a number there.

HTH

On 12/15/2020 9:33 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,

I use NVDA 2020.3 and would like to disable reporting of all digits.
The number could be of varying length and would be bounded on its left
and right by commas. This may come off as an odd request, but I
require this for a very specific usage case. I am guessing there is a
way to construct a speech dictionary entry to achieve this; if so, if
you could compose and share it, that would be massively helpful.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance with the above.

Thanks.