Re: How is verbosity decided

Sarah k Alawami

Actually this can already be done. Set up an activity profile, or what ever nvda calls it, and turn off the block quotes in the profiles you want , then have them activate when you go into an app or manually activate it.

On 16 Dec 2020, at 13:21, Gene wrote:

I read it but I'm talking about something else. I'm talking about having profiles in the program at the time its downloaded that will cause differences such as bloc quotes to be announced in popular e-mail programs and not on the wweb. I suppose there might be other ways to do this but I would think profiles would be the easiest way. Of course, NVDA uses scripts for various programs but that isn't what I had in mind.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 1:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How is verbosity decided

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 01:21 PM, Gene wrote:
What I'm saying is that jjust as NVDA and other screen-readers are customized to work in certain ways with certain programs,-
Did you read message, https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/79813, from Joseph Lee, that came in 30 minutes before you posted this? App/application specific behavior already exists, and has for quite a while. I don't think that any version of NVDA I've ever touched didn't have it, but I could be wrong about when it was introduced. I thought it had been present since day one, but am not sure about that.

[Regarding the Supreme Court refusing to hear the case brought by Texas to overturn the votes certified by 4 states:] Pleased with the SCOTUS ruling, but also immediately slightly terrified of where this crazy train goes next. We should know by now there’s a bottomless supply of crazy.