Re: How TO Use Windows 10 OCR

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

Thank you Brian and Joseph for your inputs, but I had accounted for
those considerations. Artin, screen curtain was the factor I was
missing - thanks a lot for pointing that out! I disabled screen
curtain temporarily and read the scanning results of some graphics.
Just wondering: is Windows 10 OCR not working when screen curtain is
enabled a known and documented issue, and if so, is it something that
can be possibly fixed?

Thanks.

On 12/17/20, Artin Dekker <groepen@artindekker.com> wrote:
Hi Bhavya,
Another thing to check, is screen curtain disabled? The OCR does not
work when screen curtain is enabled.

Kind regards/Vriendelijke groet,
Artin Dekker
groepen@artindekker.com

Op 16-12-2020 om 17:00 schreef Bhavya shah:
Dear all,

I am using NVDA 2020.3 on Windows 10's latest stable build. Whenever I
focus on a graphic on the web and press NVDA+R, NVDA says:
"Recognizing"
"Result document"
After that, I arrow up and down, move the review cursor around, but to
no avail as NVDA keeps saying "blank" consistently. I then need to
press Esc to go back to the graphic where I was, essentially returning
to where I started. I would note that I do not have the Tessarac OCR
add-on installed as I would like to leverage Windows 10 OCR. I am not
sure if I am doing something wrong, if I need to configure something
differently, or am somehow missing the scanned results.

I would truly appreciate any assistance in getting the hang of using
the Windows 10 OCR functionality via NVDA.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah