Re: How is verbosity decided

Gene

We have heard from perhaps four or five people in this discussion, stating preferences. That's not representative. So that doesn't mean anything about what people like or want. I have stated certain things that I think would be good to change such as the bloc quote setting and you may disagree but it is not unreasonable to keep a well thought out opinion. Disagreement is not necessarily rigidity.

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 3:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How is verbosity decided

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 11:42 AM, Gene wrote:
Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I am unreasonable.-
Indeed. And it has nothing to do with why I believe you are unreasonable. And my reasons for believing so have been clearly articulated. You are rigid, and have demonstrated this again and again. I can't count how many people, other than myself, have been trying to shake you out of this rigidity on this topic alone. You just will not listen, no matter how many times you say, "I'm willing to consider other viewpoints," you demonstrate that you will not do so in the vast majority of cases.

Most of your contributions to this topic blithely ignore anything that's in opposition to your own initial opinion that have come in as it's progressed. This is pattern, and not isolated to this topic.

You are a clearly very, very intelligent person. You are someone who also thinks deeply about a wide array of topics. But you are rigid once you have reached your own conclusion, even when floods of counterpoints are presented. That is what makes you unreasonable.

[Regarding the Supreme Court refusing to hear the case brought by Texas to overturn the votes certified by 4 states:] Pleased with the SCOTUS ruling, but also immediately slightly terrified of where this crazy train goes next. We should know by now there’s a bottomless supply of crazy.