Re: Using the NVDA Dictionaries to Alter Pronunciations

Jeff Samco

When I use Code Factory's Eloquence I get the same result as Robert. When I switch to a OneCore voice I get the correct pronunciation. I think Eloquence has some built-in substitutions That takes the Mar of Mark and reads it as the month of March and tries to render the entire string as a date. I have noticed the 3-letter string of Dec, when occuring as the first part of a word, can be spoken as December. I have checked my extensive pronunciation dictionary and find nothing that might be triggering this from that aspect.

Jeff

At 03:59 PM 12/17/2020, you wrote:
Do you have any speech dictionary entries?

For me, using eSpeak-NG, OneCore Voices or SAPI 5, I get "Zero Two Mark" for both, and for the second, at higher punctuation level I get Zero Two Line Mark".

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 9:46 PM Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> wrote:
any time I have the folowing:
02 Mark
02_Mark
NVDA pronounces it MarchTwonk.
What can I do to get it to say 02 Mark?Â
*********
family Times weekly Movie times

go to Doc's Stream
Ask Miss A to play family times on tuneIn
You can also find family times on OoTunes.
Get the stream guide:
http://www.wrighthere.net/FamilyTimes/playingnow.html
********

walking in VictoryI welcome all that are interested in joining our devotionals on Monday thru saturdays at 8am EST. join the devotion channel.
Also, there is a weekly bible study at 8pm EST in the Walking with Jesus channel.

Add the following information in your TeamTalk
host address: wiv.wrighthere.net
TCP/UDP ports: 10333
entry name: walking in Victory
tab twice and press space on Add/update