Re: NVDA not reading anything but plain text

Gene

Do you mean it doesn't read what is displayed by a browser? Does that also include what is displayed by word processors? Plain text means nothing but text and would limit you to something like Notepad.

Have you tried other screen-readers and had a sighted person look at the screen to see if what is displayed looks as it should? Without more knowledge, we have no basis to assume the problem is an NVDA problem.

From: Joy Francis
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2020 12:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA not reading anything but plain text

I have been using NVDA for years. All of a sudden NVDA stopped reading everything, but plain text.

I have gone through all the typical electron fixes. 1. make sure it is on. 2. turn it off and restart; close browser and restart; 3. check for updates; 4. turn computer off and restart and do 1 - 3 again; 4. uninstall NVDA and reinstall.

So far nothing has helped. The question has been sent to NVDA but the tech person assigned to my question is out until January 2021. He recommended coming here and asking for help.

Joy Francis