locked Re: [chat] is it possible to access the BIOS with a screen reader

Clive May

Hi
In the days of DOS, there was a suite of utilities which would read the BIOS settings into a HEX file and write them back to the BIOS.  There was no utility, as far as I know,  to allow you to amend the file and, if there had been a way, I am uncertain if the settings could be put back successfully if the file was changed.

On 18/12/2020 18:16, Howard Traxler wrote:
In the distant passed, I was successful dumping the screen to a Braille embosser through the parallel port each time I made a change.

On 12/18/2020 9:40 AM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, Molly here.

In order to run my virtual machine it requires a change to the BIOS settings on my PC.

Can one access the BIOS without sighted assistance?

I am thinking not, because the BIOS comes up before Windows boots.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My professor is looking into getting sighted assistance to help, but as my entire family has COVID we’re stuck at the moment.

Regards

Molly