locked Re: [chat] is it possible to access the BIOS with a screen reader

Clive May

Hi

I believe it's a security matter.

On 18/12/2020 18:22, Shaun Everiss wrote:

No, you will need to have someone with sight do that.

You'd think that there would be a reader now for bios, since the efi os is quite detailed.

On a probook I worked on it appeared like a menu driven program like you would see in a text editor like notepad, why it was never ported to windows is anyone's guess.

Toshiba did that in the day, first a menu then a control panel type program then an app.

One assumes it could be a universal but you need someone to ddo that for you.

On 19/12/2020 4:40 am, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, Molly here.

In order to run my virtual machine it requires a change to the BIOS settings on my PC.

Can one access the BIOS without sighted assistance?

I am thinking not, because the BIOS comes up before Windows boots.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My professor is looking into getting sighted assistance to help, but as my entire family has COVID we’re stuck at the moment.

Regards

Molly