Re: How to get NVDA to read password notification in Edge

Gene

I've seen computer advisors advise not to have passwords remembered by browsers. There are ways to do so that are a lot more secure, from what I've read.

From: mike mcglashon
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 3:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how to get nvda to read password notifiction in edge

well Brian sure I suppose that might be helpful if I can learn how to turn it off so I don’t have to worry about if it remembers my passwords or not but I also like the idea of having it remember my password because half the time I don’t remember what they are but I know that dialogue asked if I wanted to save it the password forever never whatever

contact information
Mike McGlashon
PH: 618-783-9331
Email: michael.mcglashon@comcast.net

On Dec 19, 2020, at 2:47 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:

Mike,

I can't answer your actual question, but have a follow-up one for you that may make your own question irrelevant: Do you ever want Edge (or any web browser you happen to use) to be remembering your passwords for you?

If not, this feature can be turned off entirely, and I can tell you how to do that. But if you do want to use the password management feature I don't know of the top of my head how one throws focus to that specific dialog when it appears.

[Regarding the Supreme Court refusing to hear the case brought by Texas to overturn the votes certified by 4 states:] Pleased with the SCOTUS ruling, but also immediately slightly terrified of where this crazy train goes next. We should know by now there’s a bottomless supply of crazy.