Re: How to get NVDA to read password notification in Edge

Bob Cavanaugh

What browser are you using? I find that in Firefox, I have to press F6 until I get to where it says about tracking, then write arrow twice until it comes up with the message.

On Dec 19, 2020, at 1:58 PM, Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:

I've seen computer advisors advise not to have passwords remembered by browsers. There are ways to do so that are a lot more secure, from what I've read.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: mike mcglashon
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 3:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how to get nvda to read password notifiction in edge

well Brian sure I suppose that might be helpful if I can learn how to turn it off so I don’t have to worry about if it remembers my passwords or not but I also like the idea of having it remember my password because half the time I don’t remember what they are but I know that dialogue asked if I wanted to save it the password forever never whatever

contact information
Mike McGlashon
PH: 618-783-9331
Email: michael.mcglashon@comcast.net

On Dec 19, 2020, at 2:47 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:

Mike,

I can't answer your actual question, but have a follow-up one for you that may make your own question irrelevant: Do you ever want Edge (or any web browser you happen to use) to be remembering your passwords for you?

If not, this feature can be turned off entirely, and I can tell you how to do that. But if you do want to use the password management feature I don't know of the top of my head how one throws focus to that specific dialog when it appears.

[Regarding the Supreme Court refusing to hear the case brought by Texas to overturn the votes certified by 4 states:] Pleased with the SCOTUS ruling, but also immediately slightly terrified of where this crazy train goes next. We should know by now there’s a bottomless supply of crazy.