How to study Japanese with NVDA?

Daniel Gartmann

Hello

I have been asked to help a blind University student who is studying Japanese. The goal is to be able to read on a Braille display connected to a Windows10 computer.

Anybody with experience in studying Japanese on a system in e.g. English or some other language?

I have been told that in order for Japanese Braille to work properly, the entire computer needs to be in Japanese. We are using the computer either in Danish or in English.

I tried running a portable copy of NVDA from www.nvda.jp, but it didn’t start right away.

So, hope someone with experience in this would be willing to share their knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel