Everything from the lowest inkjet to laser will have scan, fax, etc.

They do have stripped down ocr software, some have full versions or full versions registered for it.

The cheapest units have no software at all.

On 21/12/2020 10:30 am, Rob Hudson wrote:
I love those scanners. Too bad I cant afford it lol.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Smart" <ve3rwj@winsystem.org>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 16:13:40 -0500
Subject: Re: [nvda] Advice wanted: Accessible twain document cameras that work with NVDA?

I have a barely used Plustech Opticbook 4800 flatbed scanner here. Does
anyone think I will ever find a buyer for it? Just about everybody's
scanning/OCR needs are being met by the various smartphone apps these
days. Trying to sell this is harder than trying to sell a non-interpoint
Braille embosser. LOL

On 2020-12-20 3:40 p.m., hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi Mo.

Have you got a cell phone or smart phone with a camera. On the phone I
have hear I have apps that can take a picture then ocr it to text then
I can save it to other places or plug it into the computer and take
the files off it in text form it would depend on the camera on the
phone usually a 8mp is recommended for saying taking a picture of a
form then ocring it to text.

there are both free and paid apps that can do that and I guess it
would depend on the platform of your phone and what is in the app
store just another idea.

Gene nz

On 21/12/2020 3:11 am, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:
Hello Everyone.

I am wondering if anyone can help with the following. I am looking
for a document camera as desk space is limited. I do not want a
camera which is tied to any specific software if it can be helped. I
have previously tried solutions from visionaid and the Perl camera
from freedom scientific, but I was never able to get them working
with any software other than the software the devices come with.

I have seen document cameras for sale on Amazon, but it's unclear
from the description if any of them work with scanning software such
as DocuScan, Free OCR, Kurzweil etc. I don't mind what software the
camera uses as long as it's accessible and performs OCR, and the unit
is reasonably well built and isn't too pricey. does anyone have any
ideas?

Very best wishes,

Mo.

.