And now with the latest australia cluster the restrictions on borders have gotten a lot more harsher.

So now its longer.

Right now I wouldn't go international at least not right now.

On 21/12/2020 12:20 pm, Gene wrote:
I don't follow buy and sell lists.  Others may have suggestions.

This thread may be stopped soon so you may need to join the NVDA chat list to get suggestions.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Chris Smart
Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2020 3:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Advice wanted: Accessible twain document cameras that work with NVDA?

Hi Gene.

So far, I've only tried advertising on Blind Bargains, Twitter, and a
couple of assistive devices groups on Facebook.

Which mailing lists would you recommend?

thanks

Chris

On 2020-12-20 4:43 p.m., Gene wrote:
Have you tried on the buy and sell lists for blind people?  Such a scanner isn't just an ordinary scanner.  It is specifically designed for scanning books without damaging the binding.  I don't know how good using a camera is for long scanning jobs like books.

You might have better luck if you had information, if it is true, regarding the superiority of using a book scanner than a camera for scanning a book.

Then, there are sighted people who want to digitize their book collections and who want to use a book scanner.  there may be some place you might post an ad to get the notice of those who want to digitize their book collections..

Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2020 3:13 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

I have a barely used Plustech Opticbook 4800 flatbed scanner here. Does
anyone think I will ever find a buyer for it? Just about everybody's
scanning/OCR needs are being met by the various smartphone apps these
days. Trying to sell this is harder than trying to sell a non-interpoint
Braille embosser. LOL

On 2020-12-20 3:40 p.m., hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi Mo.

Have you got a cell phone or smart phone with a camera. On the phone I have hear I have apps that can take a picture then ocr it to text then I can save it to other places or plug it into the computer and take the files off it in text form it would depend on the camera on the phone usually a 8mp is recommended for saying taking a picture of a form then ocring it to text.

there are both free and paid apps that can do that and I guess it would depend on the platform of your phone and what is in the app store just another idea.

Gene nz

On 21/12/2020 3:11 am, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:
Hello Everyone.

I am wondering if anyone can help with the following. I am looking for a document camera as desk space is limited. I do not want a camera which is tied to any specific software if it can be helped. I have previously tried solutions from visionaid and the Perl camera from freedom scientific, but I was never able to get them working with any software other than the software the devices come with.

I have seen document cameras for sale on Amazon, but it's unclear from the description if any of them work with scanning software such as DocuScan, Free OCR, Kurzweil etc. I don't mind what software the camera uses as long as it's accessible and performs OCR, and the unit is reasonably well built and isn't too pricey. does anyone have any ideas?

Very best wishes,

Mo.