Re: you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

Mário Navarro

hi Joseph.
Thank you, and to all who contribute to the development of NVDA.
from deep of my heart, my greatest thanks to all.
cheers.

Às 07:14 de 06/09/2016, Joseph Lee escreveu:

Dear citizens of the NVDA land:

Yes, it is official: one of the ministers of NVDA land, a certain Mr. Teh, has just ordered the horsemen to announce a good news throughout the land:

NVDA 2016.3 is officially out:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/announcing-nvda-2016-3-release/

So what’s new, changed and fixed:

From RC2: no changes.

Highlights:

·        You can now disable individual add-ons.

·        NVDA is more cofmpatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607). Among the things included are return of browse mode in Edge, announcing newer UAC prompts, ability to navigate PDF documents in Edge and more.

·        NVDA+F9/NVDA+F10 command behavior change is now official.

·        Color announcement has been simplified.

·        NVDA no longer announces “associated draft” in Outlook 2016.

·        NVDA can now announce line spacing in Microsoft Word.

·        Various enhancements.

A sneak preview at 2016.4: three game-changing features will be served as part of Thanksgiving Party this November:

·        Ever wanted to hear line indentation via beeps? You can do that starting in November.

·        Want to experience the next chapter in assistive technology history? Or would you like to be one of the first ones to experience a combination of a free screen reader and a low-cost braille display? Stay tuned, as this combination will change your life in November.

·        Needed an assistant in persuading web or app developers about accessibility needs of screen reader users? The wait is almost over: let NVDA volunteer for you from November onwards.

The rest: let’s just say the ministers at NVDA land are holding council every day, looking over this land and thinking about the needs of citizens and planning the next great adventure for the people of this land.

Personally, I’m excited to see what NVDA can do in opening opportunities for many people, particularly for those who’re using Windows 10. On behalf of people who’ve contributed to NVDA 2016.3 development, I wish you best in your endeavor as you use NVDA 2016.3 in various places (work, school, for fun and in unexpected places). Also, NVDA 2016.3 release announcement will be my final NVDA release announcement (on this list), as I believe the community is ready to welcome new reporters.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph