Re: How to turn off NVDA

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

Actually, this isn't always the case. If the option to use NVDA on the
log-on screen is checked, it annoyingly pops up on every screen that
requires administrative action, and stays there until you shut it off.
In my message about System Access, this is another situation where I
would run into problems, as I'd typically be running System Access
when I needed to perform some kind of administrative task, and NVDA
would pop up and get in the way. As for insert+Q not working, is the
quit option selected when you click okay? That dialog has several
options, the others of which escape me at the moment as I turn that
off after I install NVDA.

NVDA should not, ever, "self-restart" after having been manually turned off
by the end user. The fact that it is doing so suggests that something went
wrong with the install of the program. I would uninstall it, restart the
machine, then reinstall it to see if the behavior goes away.

The only time it should auto-start is if you were to choose the option to
"Start with Windows" while installing, and even then, if you use NVDA+Q
(INS+Q in the desktop keyboard layout) to exit NVDA it should not
self-restart afterward.

[ Regarding the Supreme Court refusing to hear the case brought by Texas to
overturn the votes certified by 4 states: ] Pleased with the SCOTUS ruling,
but also immediately slightly terrified of where this crazy train goes
next. We should know by now there’s a bottomless supply of crazy.

~ Brendan Buck, former adviser to Speakers of the House Paul Ryan and John
Boehner