Re: NVDA and outlook questions

Dennis L

I have the setting

Automatic say on page load unchecked.  I was able to get it to read the first suggestion but not more suggestions.  Example if I type j and joe smith is first it will read that if I continue typing and type john it won’t read John smith can this be changed that it will continuously read the suggestions?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Griffith
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2020 5:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and outlook questions

This is slightly odd as this is precisely hwat NVDA does for me in Outlook. I have just tried it and if I press K the most recent email I have typed

whose name begins with K. Pressing the down arrow reveals other addresses beginning with K.

I wonder if there is a setting in Outlook about keeping recent addresses you need to turn on?

Having said that it is also true that this feature does not, for me at least,  any longer, reveal results from all your contacts. I often have to go into the to button and search in there to reveal all my addresses in contacts.

David G.

On 28/12/2020 21:56, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, I was wondering is there a way to get NVDA to automatically read the suggestions that come up when you are typing the address or persons name who the message is to?