Re: How to turn off NVDA

If this is a new machine that has not as yet been heavily customized by installing lots of programs, tweaking settings, etc., I would suggest you consider:

Doing a Completely Clean (Re)install of Windows 10 Using Media Creation Tool to Create Bootable Win10 Install Media on a USB Thumb Drive

Also, avoid AVG like the plague.  It was once one of my favorites, but those days are long gone.  Windows Security is in all ways a better product overall and causes far fewer issues.

What you're seeing with NVDA is simply not normal, and is so odd and idiosyncratic that it has to be based on something specific to that machine.  Getting a clean baseline Windows 10 installed eliminates possible corruption in the existing Windows 10 install, and is easy to do and relatively painless provided you don't have scads of software to install and settings to tweak afterward.