Re: DVD ripper that works with NVDA?

tim

Or, he just wants to ripe the audio track from a dvd iso file.
Not everything is a sighted world.

On 12/29/2020 11:20 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
It really would help at this point if Mr. McCoy would clearly indicate whether he's seeking to rip versus burn.
If you have an ISO file, as originally stated, and want to get that on to optical media as other than an ISO file then you typically burn it using any one of a number of previously mentioned programs.
If you have a DVD from which you wish to extract something (rip), whether to an ISO (which is well-nigh impossible for commercial DVDs) or getting the audio as an MP3 or similar, that's a completely different thing.
Ripping and burning are the flip sides of the same coin, where ripping is pulling from optical media to some other format and burning is taking other formats and putting them on optical media (and how that's done depends on what, exactly, is being burned).  There's lots of talk that's at cross purposes here because one has to make an assumption that either the ISO part is wrong, and we are talking about ripping, or the use of rip is wrong and we're talking about burning an ISO (image) file to disc.
[Regarding the Supreme Court refusing to hear the case brought by Texas to overturn the votes certified by 4 states:] /Pleased with the SCOTUS ruling, but also immediately slightly terrified of where this crazy train goes next.  We should know by now there’s a bottomless supply of crazy./
        ~ Brendan Buck, /former adviser to Speakers of the House Paul Ryan and John Boehner/