Re: problems using NVDA with my new laptop

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 06:40 PM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
Since you are using a laptop NVDA should be on laptop keyboard layout.
-
I'm sorry, but that's incorrect and, in actuality, very seldom the case or necessary.  If you have a laptop that has a number pad as part of its built in keyboard NVDA installs using desktop keyboard layout because it can since all the keys are there.

I only have folks use laptop layout if they are already familiar with it and prefer it, or if they have a laptop that does not have a number pad as part of its built in keyboard.  That is the minority of laptops produced today.