Re: problems using NVDA with my new laptop

George McCoy

On my desktop computer, NVDA returns to screen review when restarted, evan if the configuration is saved with object review turned on.

On 12/29/2020 7:50 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't think I've checked.  I'll check and report.  My view is that the mode should automatically be changed to object review when you leave the window you are in but, though I've presented that view on the list before, there seems to be little or no interest in the change.

I can recall times when I've used review mode, forgotten to switch, gone on to do something else, and then I later realized that I was getting unexpected results because I hadn't switched back to object review mode.  I susp;ect that happens to a lot of people and they don't make the connection.

If I close  NVDA and reopen it, I am placed back in object review mode.  As another interesting point, when I apply the saved configuration command while in screen review mode, NVDA key r, I remain in screen-review mode.
Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 7:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] problems using NVDA with my new laptop

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 07:52 PM, Gene wrote:
Issue the command numpad insert numpad 1 until you hear no previous review mode.  If you changed review modes at some point, you may well have unexpected results.-
Gene, you may know, but does the last used review mode "stick" if you exit NVDA and start it again?  I honestly have no idea, but would have presumed that will switch it back to what's typical if you've never changed it, period.