Your version number suggests you have some kind of subscription and Office 365 is the only recent offerings I know of. So, if that is the case you probably just need to login to your Microsoft account (via the File menu using that account management option) and update. I did just that about 2 weeks ago.

Compared to 2016, the latest Office has been working better in my experiences. Even the calendar is becoming more and more useable.

Dan

On Dec 29, 2020, at 6:52 PM, Dennis L <dennisl1982@gmail.com> wrote:

Does outlook 2019 work better?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Miner via
groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 5:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and outlook questions

Well, if it is a 2016 based version then you likely will have the problem of
it not reading suggestions easily. I always had to fiddle around with it to
get anything. I vaguely remember using object navigation to dive into the
enclosing frame It I was truly needing to use that feature, I would just
switch to JAWS 18 and it would read in a more natural way. I would give
recent Narrator a try and see how it fairs with that dropdown.

Dan