Re: Admin's Notes Re List Conduct, Please Read #adminnotice

Arlene

Happy  New year to you all. What! Brian has vision? I didn’t know that! Nor do I care that he does.  I thought he was totally blind like most people on the list.  The reason I thought he was blind like us is because he talks in a way that most of us blind users talk wile operating our computers.  Well, all the world to him looking after this list. 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: December 29, 2020 9:52 PM
To: NVDA@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Admin's Notes Re List Conduct, Please Read #adminnotice

Hello everyone,

Here's hoping this message finds you well, and if you celebrate the new year, then happy early New Year!

I want to be very clear on an issue which has risen on this list. I want to make sure my words are plain, so if you don't understand, please reach out to nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io and I will help clarify for you.

Brian has, and will continue to have my full support as a moderator of this list. I have not seen any reason why he should not enjoy my support, and I have not had anyone contact me to state why my support is misplaced. Notice I did not say anything about Brian's vision status, gender, race, or anything else. I said Brian, as a human being, enjoys my full support.

As all of us are humans, and as the world has so many issues dividing us, please, let's not allow vision, or the lack of it, dictate how we treat one another. Discrimination takes many forms, and I believe, it is no better to discriminate regarding an individual's site than it is an individual's lack of it, or an individual's skin color, ethnicity, or any other characteristic. I take this seriously, as you all should, because we have many issues going on in the world today, and I definitely believe that whether an individual has sight or not should not be one of those issues.

If you have a problem with Brian's responses because of the fact that he has vision, then I suggest you learn to lose your narrow-mindedness and find a more welcoming list for your ignorance. You could, of course, learn to use your email filters. Nonetheless, I will not tolerate any discrimination on this list, and will treat such transgressions severely. This may mean loss of posting privileges, or a ban altogether, something I do not do lightly.

I hope that the incident that happened today does not repeat itself, yet be assured that discrimination is against the NVAccess code of conduct, Groups.IO rules, this list's rules, and my personal moral code, so I hope you will all understand where I am coming from on this.

Thank you for your membership to this list. We are nearly at 1,500 members, all from various cultures and walks of life, all from various countries. The one thing that binds us all is our humanity. Thank you for being you, thank you for being part of this community, and thank you for your time in reading this message and your understanding of this matter. I hope we can all respect one another in the way that every human deserves.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.