From: "Betsy Grenevitch" <blindangel61@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 6:16 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] problems using NVDA with my new laptop

Thank you, Mareth. I will write this down and try it later today.

I hope you are doing well.

On 12/30/2020 1:20 AM, Hareth wrote:
Hi Betsy,
Try using the "home" and "end" buttons for top and bottom of lists.
And ctrl plus home hotkey for the top of a message and opened text
file and ctrl plus end hotkey for the bottom of it, that works for
some type of lists as well if the 1st one didn't work.
As for the laptops Numlock key mostly
you can do it with pressing the "FN" key combined with another mostly
in the numbers row, and re do it to unlock its a toggle.
The best and easy way to find it is to invoke the NVDA's key helper
mode with hitting the NVDA plus number 1 to turn it on, and test your
keys, press the same hotkey to get out of it.
Happy new year to you and your family.

On 12/29/20, Betsy Grenevitch <blindangel61@gmail.com> wrote:
I received a new laptop and my daughter thought she had exported
everything properly but a lot of the NVDA commands are not working such
as going to the top of a list of emails, going to the top of a file etc.
I am using Windows 10 and the NVDA is set to desktop layout.

I would definitely appreciate if someone could help me figure out what
is going on.

It is an Asus laptop.

Thanks.

--