Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Arleen,

I forgot that Brian is sighted. I think it's great that he's worked with blind clients and as far as his vision, that doesn't bother me in the least. I've had very good teachers who were sighted and their vision never even crossed my mind.

Rosemarie

On 12/29/2020 10:57 PM, Arlene wrote:
Happy New year to you all. What! Brian has vision? I didn’t know that! Nor
do I care that he does. I thought he was totally blind like most people on the
list. The reason I thought he was blind like us is because he talks in a way
that most of us blind users talk wile operating our computers. Well, all the
world to him looking after this list.

*From: *Nimer Jaber <mailto:nimerjaber1@gmail.com>
*Sent: *December 29, 2020 9:52 PM
*To: *NVDA@nvda.groups.io <mailto:NVDA@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *[nvda] Admin's Notes Re List Conduct, Please Read #adminnotice

Hello everyone,

Here's hoping this message finds you well, and if you celebrate the new year,
then happy early New Year!

I want to be very clear on an issue which has risen on this list. I want to make
sure my words are plain, so if you don't understand, please reach out to
nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda%2Bowner@nvda.groups.io> and I will help
clarify for you.

Brian has, and will continue to have my full support as a moderator of this
list. I have not seen any reason why he should not enjoy my support, and I have
not had anyone contact me to state why my support is misplaced. Notice I did not
say anything about Brian's vision status, gender, race, or anything else. I said
Brian, as a human being, enjoys my full support.

As all of us are humans, and as the world has so many issues dividing us,
please, let's not allow vision, or the lack of it, dictate how we treat one
another. Discrimination takes many forms, and I believe, it is no better to
discriminate regarding an individual's site than it is an individual's lack of
it, or an individual's skin color, ethnicity, or any other characteristic. I
take this seriously, as you all should, because we have many issues going on in
the world today, and I definitely believe that whether an individual has sight
or not should not be one of those issues.

If you have a problem with Brian's responses because of the fact that he has
vision, then I suggest you learn to lose your narrow-mindedness and find a more
welcoming list for your ignorance. You could, of course, learn to use your email
filters. Nonetheless, I will not tolerate any discrimination on this list, and
will treat such transgressions severely. This may mean loss of posting
privileges, or a ban altogether, something I do not do lightly.

I hope that the incident that happened today does not repeat itself, yet be
assured that discrimination is against the NVAccess code of conduct, Groups.IO
rules, this list's rules, and my personal moral code, so I hope you will all
understand where I am coming from on this.

Thank you for your membership to this list. We are nearly at 1,500 members, all
from various cultures and walks of life, all from various countries. The one
thing that binds us all is our humanity. Thank you for being you, thank you for
being part of this community, and thank you for your time in reading this
message and your understanding of this matter. I hope we can all respect one
another in the way that every human deserves.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

attachments for security threats.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/ <http://counter.li.org/>

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for
Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970)
(393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

Thank you, and have a great day!