Re: NVDA using braille in multi-lingual text environment

Jason White

On 12/30/20 12:29 PM, Mary Otten wrote:
I have recently ordered a braille display. One of the things I'd like to do with it is access multi-lingual texts, e.g. websites, which have both English and cyrillic alphabets in use. In order to do that efficiently, one would need to have a braille table that included both of these alphabets, grade II English and uncontracted Russian, active at the same time, or somehow have a combined table with both at once. Is that possible?
It's possible, but I don't know whether such a table is available. Note also that the BrailleExtender add-on for NVDA allows you to switch tables easily - not what you need in this case, but at least a short-term solution.