Re: NVDA using braille in multi-lingual text environment

Mary Otten

Thanks again, Jason. That makes sense. Sorry for the elementary questions.

Mary

On 12/30/2020 10:30 AM, Jason White via groups.io wrote:

On 12/30/20 1:12 PM, Mary Otten wrote:
My experience with a display and a computer has been limited to typing on a regular keyboard and reading the output on the display, rather than typing using a braille keyboard; the displays we had didn't have keyboards. So when using a display with a braille keyboard, how does the proper encoding occur?
You can select your input braille table as well as your output table. Of course, it is entirely your decision whether to enter text using the braille display's keyboard or the host system's qwerty keyboard - whichever is easiest under the circumstances.