On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 07:16 PM, Gene wrote:
If you are working in a program with a long menu, what happens if menu items cover something else on screen?
-
Gene, no snark intended, but you've nailed it with the phrase "cover something else on screen."   That's precisely what happens, and definitely in Windows 7 and earlier.  There are transparency effects that can be activated in Windows 8 and 10, but I do not think those apply to menus proper, but to window frames and other elements.  Even when transparency is on, what I have been able to see in specific contexts is not clearly visible.  It is intentionally fuzzy by design.

I'll have to open something in TextMaker on my other laptop since I have it set up to use the menu interface, and I believe transparency effects are on, too, to see if they are applied to the dropdown menus or not.