From: "Food Posse" <allaboutfoodandfun@hotmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2020 7:25 AM
Subject: [nvda] How to turn off NVDA

Can anyone help to fully turn off NVDA?

We are trying to set up a new computer for a friend and installed NVDA.
We are not familiar with screen readers so we launched NVDA to test it
for her. Then we tried to quit NVDA with insert + Q then OK, but NVDA
continued to run. No matter what we tried to quit, NVDA continued to
run. We finally went to the task manager to end task to stop NVDA. But
then NVDA automatically came back on whenever we installed or launched a
new program. We tried searching online for help but the Insert + Q or
Exit was the only option offered. But that option does not work for us.

When we turned Narrator on and off, it stayed off until we selected to
activate it. Is there a similar setting or way to turn off NVDA and for
it to stay off until we select to turn it on? Thank you for any help
the group can offer.