Screen Dimming and Battery Saving

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

I am using NVDA 2020.4 Beta 2 on Windows 10, and I am looking to
maximize my laptop's battery life, and as a blind person, I would like
to save on the power that the display monitor uses. There are three
ways (not necessarily mutually exclusive) that I know that help in
screen dimming:
* reducing brightness level from from Settings to 0
* enabling NVDA's screen curtain
* pressing Windows+P and selecting Second screen only
For each of these, could you please comment on whether or not they
help extend battery life and explain why? Are there other ways to save
on display power that I have missed?

I would truly appreciate any assistance.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah