From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bhavya shah
Sent: Saturday, January 2, 2021 11:04 AM
To: nvda <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Screen Dimming and Battery Saving

Dear all,

I am using NVDA 2020.4 Beta 2 on Windows 10, and I am looking to maximize my laptop's battery life, and as a blind person, I would like to save on the power that the display monitor uses. There are three ways (not necessarily mutually exclusive) that I know that help in screen dimming:
* reducing brightness level from from Settings to 0
* enabling NVDA's screen curtain
* pressing Windows+P and selecting Second screen only For each of these, could you please comment on whether or not they help extend battery life and explain why? Are there other ways to save on display power that I have missed?

I would truly appreciate any assistance.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah