Re: Outlook 2016 NVDA not announcing To & CC fields separately

Dennis L

I agree.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, January 2, 2021 2:55 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Outlook 2016 NVDA not announcing To & CC fields
separately

As I recall, the Thunderbird add-on has four commands for the fields to be
read all separately, to, from, cc, and bcc.

I disagree with your assertion on grounds of efficiency. It is slower to
shift tab back to the fields in question, then tab back to the document.
Sighted people can just look at the fields. Why shouldn't blind people have
a command that reads the one desired?

I think its good to know how to move through the fields whether you know
screen-reader commands or not but that's a different question.