Re: SPSS and NVDA

mohammad suliman

Hi William,

Regarding the mailing list, yes, exactly, this is the one you linked to in a previous email.
Regarding the Java Access Bridge, sorry for my somewhat outdated comment, I forgot that recent versions of NVDA comes with I think a dll for the Java Access Bridge.
I don't want to provide inaccurate information, because it has been a while since I have worked with JAB, but I think the right thing to do, is to enable the JAB from the control panel as Lukasz has stated, and this should work as expected I guess. There were previously some problems after enabling the JAB this way, but I think NVDA knows now how to deal with this by bundling the necessary dll.
Let us know if this works for you!

Good luck!
Mohammad

On Sun, 3 Jan 2021 at 08:03, William <xsuper.sillyx@...> wrote:

Sorry, I wanna clarify.

What Joseph meant that, JAB is packaged with NVDA.

But we still have to enable JAB through control center to make SPSS accessible ?

Brian Vogel 於 3/1/2021 9:59 寫道:
On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 08:57 PM, William wrote:
According to Joseph, latest NVDA do have java access bridge packaged already, so I dont have to install java access bridge myself right?
-
That would be true, as I never installed it manually as a standalone thing.  But it was not activated on my system by default.  Lukasz gave the steps for doing that in Ease of Access previously.

       ~ Brian Vogel