Re: Say all in word working in a strange way

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Declan,

I think you may be working in NVDA, is that right?

I recently had a  similar issue and I realised that if I stop “Say All” with down-arrow or any other key, the cursor reverts to its last known position, which was usually the start of “Say All”. The only way to get close to retaining the stopped position was to press the left or right control key once. This stops NVDA speaking without interfering with the cursor. I noticed that I would invariably find the active point at the beginning of the current line if not at the actual last word spoken.  This seemingly inaccurate behaviour has to do with the speed of the cursor navigator and the relatively slower response of the screen reader.

Perhaps you could raise this tomorrow at the FB-Exchange meeting?

All the best,

Cearbhall