Re: Say next and previous sentence not working in Word

Tony Malykh

I am not sure why built-in navigation is not working for you, but I just wanted to point out that I have an add-on SentenceNav, that recently I made to work with MS Word. It uses the same keystrokes Alt+UP/Down to navigate between sentences. You need to enable MS Word support in add-on settings.

Download:

https://github.com/mltony/nvda-sentence-nav/releases/download/v2.9/SentenceNav-2.9.nvda-addon

On 1/3/2021 7:43 AM, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:

Hi, all,

I am using Windows 10, NVDA 2020.3 and Word 2016.

When I try to read the next or previous sentence in a Word document, using alt + down-Arrow, or alt + up-arrow, I get no response. Indeed when I turn on keyboard help, these key combinations get no echo. It appears that this function has been removed from NVDA! I opened the NVDA User Guide and it still says that alt-Down-arrow is to be used to say next sentence and alt-up-arrow for previous sentence.

Can anyone explain what is happening? Is the user guide out of step?

All the best,

Cearbhall