Rosemarie Chavarria

I agree. Not everybody is good at doing searches. Sometimes you could search unless you're blue in the face and you don't always find good results.

On 1/4/2021 8:28 AM, Mike Capelle wrote:
OMG, if someone asks me a question, I will answer it, telling someone to look it up or research it, is rude!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Smart
Sent: Monday, January 4, 2021 10:27 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Admin's Notes Re List Conduct, Please Read

LOL! At least she didn't dictate it without punctuation.

On 2021-01-04 11:14 a.m., Orlando Enrique Fiol via groups.io wrote:
At 12:12 AM 12/31/2020, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I don't even do that much. I expect a person to read and read a
manual, a
quick start guide, etc before asking any lists for help. in fact on many
of the lists I run I say "to cut down on traffic, do you own research
first before coming to us." I've learned a lot by googling or trying to
read a quick start guide if it is out there. One example is on the block
chain, but that I won't go into here. That is one of many examples where
i shove my nose into a something and attempt to memorize.
First of all, learn to use a freaking spell checker. What should have
been the word "read" came out as the string "RRY," which means
nothing. I corrected six errors in this hastily-typed email just to
understand its simplistic significance. Just as you want to tell blind
people to point and click when you know which other terms would be
more relatable and effective, you want to type these emails however
you please, leaving us to figure out what you mean through your
misspellings. Bottom line: Sarah doesn't have to change what how she
says or how she types it. We have to work around her. This is not how
the "sighted world" works, sweet pea. I've had academic papers sent
back and even rejected for spell checking and formatting issues. So,
if you're going to insist on us adapting to the sighted world, do it
yourself, girl. Learn to use a freaking spell checker.

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Charlotte, North Carolina
Ph.D. in Music theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090