Re: Admin's Notes Re List Conduct, Please Read #adminnotice

Sarah k Alawami

That might be true, however the action of pressing alt t will in fact make me mentally picture the mouse clicking the tools icon at the top of the menu bar. It will then pull down to reveal more options etc. Same with the tabs. I do picture visual images as that's how I was taught. as we do live in a sighted world and we are expected to know how things look, to the best of our ability. This is a battle you will never win!

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 4 Jan 2021, at 8:31, Orlando Enrique Fiol via groups.io wrote:

At 01:40 PM 12/31/2020, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
>I disagree 100 percent. I actually do think "click tools" while I press
>alt t, or whatever.

Is that so? Let's test whether your supposed inner thought actually works. Turn off your screen reader and stow away your keyboard, leaving nothing but a silent computer and a mouse. What would pointing to and clicking Tools mean to you then, when you couldn't even find Tools on the screen? Your
claim is entirely disingenuous; you only cling to it out of the necessity to promote a ridiculous position. When you press alt+T, you know damn well that, in your case, and in the rest of ours, it is that key command that is bringing down Tools; no pointing or clicking are involved.

>When I do my sound editing in windows or mac using
>reaper I think "adjust the wave form to reflect blah blah blah." so yes
>I do think in sighted terms. or I'm drawing a sign wave, etc and I'm
>clicking these two points to do such, with the keyboard. so yes you must
>think in sighted terms in order to understand most things now a days.

Your thinking on this issue is downright toxic to everyone compelled to call you "teacher." Sound is not wave forms in a pictorial sense; sound waves move through air, which has nothing to do with 2-dimensional depictions of wave forms in audio editing. I have edited audio for twenty years and have never once thought about drawing wave forms, since neither screen readers nor Braille displays can translate drawn wave forms into any output I can comprehend. At times, I admire what is evident to sighted musicians simply by glancing at wave form depictions of audio. However, I classify that admiration in the same group as my admiration for a myriad visual manifestations of beauty.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.