Re: Admin's Notes Re List Conduct, Please Read #adminnotice

Sarah k Alawami

Agreed.
[snip]

1. Before you post your question(s) to the list, please search the group archives or do a google search. This prevents the cycle of repeated messages. It also teaches you the user to search before asking for help. Oly when you have exhausted yoru resources should you come to this list. We get a lot of messages, so the archives are full of stuff dating back to at least 2005.

That is on every list I run and in the case of my tech discord servers, that is on there too, to an extent.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 4 Jan 2021, at 8:39, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 11:31 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Not everybody is good at doing searches. Sometimes you could search unless you're blue in the face and you don't always find good results.
-
And that is entirely irrelevant.  The only way you get good at doing searches is practice.

And if anyone happens to say, "I've tried to find this but have had zero luck," then that at least indicates an effort has been made.  You are absolutely correct that even skilled searchers will sometimes come up with overly broad collections of results, or no results.  But the effort should be expected to have been made before you ever ask on a group.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.