On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 01:00 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
Orlando, if you don't think of wave forms in at least a rudimentary visual way, how do you understand the concept of zsplicing the audio at zero crossings then?
-
The following is asked sincerely, with zero snark intended, and may not apply to Orlando specifically:  How does one think of something in a visual way if one has never had vision?

I honestly do not understand how this would be possible in any meaningful way.  There's certainly got to be a conceptual schema one uses, but it could not ever rely on vision in the way those that have it, or have had it in the past, would do it visually.

To me, talking about a visualization of something is not just meaningless, but impossible, without having had the sensory experience of vision.  Just like talking about how something sounds (or thinking about how it sounds, to be more accurate) is meaningless and impossible for someone who has always been totally deaf.

I'm trying to wrap my head around what seems to me to be a literally impossible thing.  But I do not have the lived experience, either, so I'm listening.

       ~ Brian Vogel