On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 02:01 PM, Laurie Mehta wrote:
Could you please change the subject line for the archive purposes and for the purpose of people who may want to bypass this topic?
-
No.  The original message was an admin notice, and shortly after that the following was included by the group owner in message number
"Thanks everyone for this discussion. Ordinarily, I would say that this should be moved to the chat list, but maybe we'll keep it going for a bit longer, as it seems like an important dialog to be having."

That was a clear breaking point from the original Admin notice, and was the opportunity for anyone who needed to do so to Mute this Topic if all they wanted to do was to have reviewed the Admin Notice.

Groups.io gives members the ability to control the messages they get, and they need to use them.  If you've read the admin notice, but are still interested in wherever this topic continues to go, then leave it open and keep reading it.  You already know that the real admin notice part of it was concluded days ago.

I can see no reason to retitle the topic at all, because it is not, in reality, a single topic.  It's a freeform meta topic that will eventually burn out, but while it's still alive should remain in its original container, mostly because that makes it easy for those who wish to mute it to do so.

       ~ Brian Vogel