On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 02:35 PM, Orlando Enrique Fiol wrote:
We've all heard the possibly apocryphal Chinese adage, "Give a man fish and feed him for a day; teach him how to fish and feed him for life."
-
Yet, see examples of my own previous plaint in this very topic.  I'm completely over the apologists who try to justify treating these groups as pure Q&A venues where absolutely no effort should be expected.  And I see those apologists trotting out the same weak arguments about "those poor unskilled" again and again and again.

Sorry, but no.

And there is a big difference between what I (or anyone really) should or would expect from a complete neophyte and someone we know to have been "around these parts" (regardless of what "these parts" might be, specifically) for years.   I have the patience of a saint with newbies, and have exhibited same.  I have the precise opposite for those who should know better and refuse to cultivate basic skills and employ them as a matter of course.

       ~ Brian Vogel