Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 06:06 PM 1/4/2021, Chris Smart wrote:
Betsy, have you tried the NVDA basic training?
I'm going through it now, after using another screen reader for
many years, and I find it to be quite well written and organized, with lots of little exercises to actually work through.

I know we're on the NVDA list. But I may as well come clean. NVDA will never be my primary screen reader until it gives me control over the exact order of spoken elements. Every other screen reader provides this. If I'm going through a list of check boxes and want to hear which ones are checked, I need the state spoken either first or right after the control type, not at the end of its field data. For another example, if I'm in a dialogue where I know that its only combo edit box changes a particular setting, I need my screen reader to announce the control type first while I quickly tab between fields. How this has managed to get through so many of NVDA versions without being addressed, with the cooperation of so many blind users, is baffling.

Orlando