Re: you are invited to upgrade to NonVisual Desktop Access 2016.3

Jenine Stanley

My NVDA did do the automatic upgrade notification and upgraded just fine save for the fact that even though speak words was checked, no words were spoken initially when typing. NVDA would speak the sentence though I think. I did fix this by going into preferences, unchecking the box for speak words and checking it again.

I’m not sure if this is standard but my new NVDA has a nice touch. I changed the voice from Ava to Lee. Then I went back to the Word document I was editing and began to move line by line. the Allison voice did the reading of text and Lee read page numbers.

I actually really like this. It’s similar to how I have my Mac set up. Having more than one voice makes long hours at the computer far less tiring.

Jenine Stanley

On Sep 6, 2016, at 2:43 PM, Roger Stewart <paganus2@...> wrote:

Strange in that I got no automatic notification that this update was available. This has always worked in the past. I was able to manually check for updates and it came up and I updated just fine but just wondering why it didn't automatically alert for me.

Thanks.

Roger

On 9/6/2016 1:33 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

Kerry. Write me off list please about your hubsta's show at:

lino.jr@...

Thanks.

On 9/6/2016 11:29 AM, Kerry Fielding wrote:
Hi Joseph.  I’ll pass this on.  You probably won’t get anything from him until at least Friday.  He’s on aire tomorrow and Thursday night so won’t be doing any messing with SPL until after then.

Kerry