On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 12:37 AM, Orlando Enrique Fiol wrote:
If you listened to lurkers more and pontificated less
-
If you can tell me how to listen to lurkers, please do.  Since lurkers, by definition, lurk and don't speak, that's a conundrum of epic proportions.

I'll gladly cop to pontificating, and even perhaps more than necessary in many instances, but this whole topic has been awash in pontification from many sources, one of which is yourself.

By the way, to be abundantly clear with regard to excuses, I am not saying that you're making them for yourself.  But when you come out with something like your temporal difference in processing speed argument, in direct response to my observation, "Why not? I do, your sighted friend does. Even with the additional challenge, you (the generic blind you) are not granted special dispensation from plowing through results, many of which may be of limited or no use,"  I want you to explain to me how that doesn't read as excusing people from their obligation to do what needs to be done.  You are saying two diametrically opposite things when you object as you did to that observation, yet in the next breath agree wholeheartedly about the obligation to do so with, "Refusing to do something because it's too hard is predicated on the false premise that humans are only designed to do what comes easily."

And the idea that I'm waving away the complexities, rather than focusing on the core argument, is laughable.  You can give me a thousand examples of things that I'll agree with, but that I know to be uncommon.  I'm not looking at the outlier situations, but that big ol' hump in the middle of the bell curve.

Your desire to over-psychologize is duly noted, and largely dismissed.

       ~ Brian Vogel