Betsy Grenevitch

Chris, thank you for mentioning this course. I may have heard about it in the past but had forgotten about it. I just purchased it and plan on going through it.

Another thing that has not been discussed here is those with memory problems. The reason I bring this up is that I am one of those in that category. They know it is not Alzheimer's but otherwise it is not diagnosed because I have been told the eyes are needed for most of the tests and I do not have those. The point I am getting to is that if I have not done something on the computer, sometimes for even just a few days, I totally forget how to do it. I am also finding out that I panic more if I cannot find something I am searching for in a short matter of time. I also am finding it more difficult to learn auditorily. I am finding that I need to write a lot of computer tasks down step by step listing what I will hear with each step that I take. I realize that there will be a day when I will no longer be able to use a computer to do anything.

If I am not careful, I am also finding it difficult to find where I put notes for different things on my notetaker. I am really having to be more specific with my file names in order to find steps for different situations.

Please realize when you have expectations for your group members to be able to perform, that for some us, it may not always be possible because of things like this.

On 1/4/2021 6:06 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
Betsy, have you tried the NVDA basic training?

I'm going through it now, after using another screen reader for many years, and I find it to be quite well written and organized, with lots of little exercises to actually work through.

--
Betsy Grenevitch 678-862-3876