Betsy Grenevitch

Brian, I would love to have that type of training. I would need the time to be able to write down specific notes and steps to follow so I could relate to them later as they will not be remembered (refer to my most recent post before this one).

Please let me know what we need to arrange to make this training possible.

I would also love to have training using NVDA of how to feel comfortable navigating a site such as NV Access and purchasing something. I am one of those that was mentioned the other day of doing something wrong and not being able to get out of it. I have always been a little fearful of that but with this memory situation that fear has only become worse. This is why I try to write down what I will hear when certain steps are taken or situations arise.

I desire to become more independent in situations like this in case my daughter is not here to help as she does now.

Brian, I think I mentioned the other day that I have appreciated your help in the past.

On 1/4/2021 6:23 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 05:57 PM, Betsy Grenevitch wrote:
I am so technologically challenged that most manuals are not written in a vocabulary or step order that I am able to follow.
-
And you're far from alone in that.  Believe me, even for computer geeks there is an awful lot of documentation that leaves a very great deal to be desired.

Betsy, you know I've lent you a hand directly on occasions, and I would be happy to keep doing so in regard to polishing your web and/or archive search skills such that you know the process for zeroing in on what you're looking for in a very great many cases.  That would be a great Chat Subgroup topic for any and all who want to join in and improve such skills.

It's impossible to get things such that you will likely get the one and only answer that's the one you prefer, but at least you can get something that will allow you to plow through the minimum number of search results to get maximum information.  It's an art form where, when teaching it, I try to teach people to "aim for the middle by being as specific as one reasonably can," then either becoming less specific if you get nothing or next to nothing, or supply a few more specific terms in the search if you're inundated by many thousands of results.  You, and anyone, can develop the skill that allows you to turn a fire hose down to a syringe and any volume in between.

       ~ Brian Vogel

--
Betsy Grenevitch 678-862-3876